Thursday, June 18, 2009

AdS!!

YES YES YES !!

Finally am doing it...


No, no am not gonna make ads or anything like that ... but I would be writing about interesting ads here. I have been meaning to do this since such a long time. My love and passion for ads go back a long time. I think when I was in fourth standard I had made an entire sketch-ad for some biscuits!! I still have that sketch with me, might show it here some day. Me and my sister are both so in love with good advertisements. A good ad brings a smile on our face, saying message conveyed :) I so used to love playing that guess the ad game with her. Whenever we are having lunch,dinner or doing our homework in front of the television and in between you know how commercials occupy a large amount of air time, we used to start our game. The scores being carried forward for a day or two. Whosoever tells the name of the product first, gets a point.It turned so hilarious at times. I remember once when a commercial for Condoms was on air, remember that one, "Pyaar hua ekraaar hua" ... well, we both made faces and started thinking which ad is that?? I am very sure we both just pretended to forget the ad ( I remember the kiddish grin on her face).

Yesterday, while watching some movie an ad came in between. A crying child. His mom was busy putting mehandi on her hands. She asks the child's dad to comfort him. Later, they show how almost every member of the family tries comforting the child, but the wailing continues. Finally, his mom takes him in her arms and the child is smiling to glory. The tag line read : Bring Maruti cars only to Maruti Service Centers!!! Such an awesome ad !!!

And with this I decided I gotta write about this now. Its soo tempting to appreciate such a wonderful ad !!

If only I would have taken an MBA in advertising....

4 comments:

AnjuGandhi said...

all the best for your new endevour. we will wait for your creativity to take shape

Rambler said...

interesting ad.

Shruti said...

I know....I love the ads in India too...tho ads here are full of sh*t!! :)

Looking forward to more of such posts....

Saurabh said...

Hey!

Thanks for commenting on my post..good blog you have got here too..

As for ads..I second Shruti!..Nothing like them Indian ads..got so many faves myself! Here they just say the bloody product name over n over again!