Monday, August 1, 2011

Do not!

Come to me for advice.

You already are a loser since you are reaching out to people for advice.
More so, I find myself a loser at times, and what if you approach me at that very moment?

What I did with my life, my career may not mean anything to you. I have not treaded a conventional career path, and you will not have enough balls to do the same. Yes, I did work my ass off to give those bloody entrance exams and write those SOPs, and then hurray over the admission, and curse those foreigners for being so cruel to international students...but then, I have moved on. And its way too much to remember so much about the past. Its been like, what, 5 years! And, I don wanna think about it anymore.

My luck, life, and brains have followed different routes and exits, it has been difficult for me to travel with all of them together. But, you my dear friend, may not be the same.

Remember, Fountainhead? Howard Roark aptly says this..."If you want my advice, Peter, you've made a mistake already. By asking me. By asking anyone. Never ask people. Not about your work. Don't you know what you want? How can you stand it, not to know?"

So, there you go, you high school naive students. Go somewhere else. I am not giving you fokat ka advice, I am not any Karan Gupta (remember the guy, with a goatee, who hoarded study abroad columns, he was some Australian return I believe).

No comments: