Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Being Loved...

Is there a feeling comparable to this one?

Being loved...

Being admired...

Being happy because of being loved...

I had a wonderful day today.

I cracked the presentation at work - was showered with praises. None of them seemed fake cos it came from people I don't know. And chances are I won't be communicating with them further. Then, a girl from my team tells me - how come I have no airs for the knowledge that I have. I laughed (loud) at her face but realized may be it's the ease with which I interact with people or with which I make people around me feel easy that makes things good for me. Even if I have not spent a lot of time at my new office, I have developed the required warmth around me.

Then, I go to my old office. People hug and greet me so affectionately. A girl had tears in her eyes. I am in touch with many of my ex-colleagues. May be it's the fact that I am so easily available or cos I show a 'cool' attitude; there is that aura. You know - that exudes energy and happiness. And I am glad (touchwood) that I carry it.

Then, I meet an ex-ex-colleague while on my way home...and it was an amazing feeling. I was so happy to see her; she was the shy girl sitting at the corner of the office  - not everybody talked to her. But I did. Made a talkative girl out of her. And today, out of nowhere we meet, crack open the old stories, gossips and what not. We departed with a promise to meet again and she leaves saying that it's very rare that one meets genuine people like me.

Whatta Wednesday :)

Not often do I like to shower praises on self. Not often do I accept what I am or where I stand. But at times like these, when this "being loved" feeling is reeking out, you cannot help but smile. Look above the sky and tell the stars, yes somewhere along the line, you did do something right!

I might have been bothered by several roadblocks in life; be it personal, physical, or emotional. But I do like to believe that I have emerged out stronger out of it. I have not lost my ability or capacity to love, be loved, and to spread happiness. And at the end of the day, abled or disabled, that is what matters.



1 comment:

D said...

You have this rare ability to make people around you feel comfortable and relaxed. An infectious persona :-)