Monday, December 5, 2016

Mom...

- I do not ever think I will be able to wish you on social media. Like people today do. You aint gonna read those posts or messages or statuses - right? I fail to understand what medium might reach you, up there, afterall...

- Today, it is the toughest phase of my life. I wish you were here. But no, I am glad you aint. You would have hated to me standing here. AT this crossroad. At this road of endless curves and turns...yes, may be, I am just glad you are not here.

- I can't stand a mother and daughter hugging each other. And the daughter pulling pranks on the mother. And the mother laughing. That bond. That relationship. I can't stand. But know what, I have decided something. I am not gonna be like that. For how long will I turn my face or hide my tears when I see that bond? Not forever. I can't do it forever. So I am going to stop! 

1 comment:

Shruti said...

I feel the same way about my dad who passed away 2 years ago. Every single day I miss him and try not to think of all the things I want him here for. Anytime I see someone with their fathers, I always feel how unfair things are. But there are also times when I know so many of my life's choices and decisions are based on his values, and how sometimes, I am so much like him. That's when I think, even though he is not here, he is inside me in parts and pieces, and at least I have that. I am not sure if I believe people about "he is watching over you from above", but he is definitely in my heart and soul and my DNA. And that's better than nothing.

I hope you too find the strength you need to deal with the toughest phase of your life.